Monday, December 19, 2011

Mid-December Trail Work

Greg and I got the day started off right with some Mid-December Trail Work at Tranquility. Last week the wind took down a large dead tree. It landed perfectly perpendicular to the trail north of Fort closest to the creek. So this big tree should make a nice Technical Trail Feature (TTF) when conditions are right to work on it. For now Greg used his monster saw to notch an easy access route. We cleared the debris and it's ready to ride. Maybe the MNR riders will get a chance to use this route tonight if the trail doesn't get too soft today.
This saw is a beast!
Greg doing the initial burn in.

1 comment:

DJ Chi Wai said...

Thanks for the hard work you guys put in to get rid of that tree!

Blog Archive

Who is Stratomatic?

My photo
Stratomatica - is my blog place where I document things happening around me or that interest me. The name Strata, geologically speaking, are layers of sedimentary rock or soil with internally consistent characteristics that distinguish it from other layers. Too deep? Well, I like guitars. Mostly I like the sound and feel of Stratocasters.