Sunday, December 4, 2011

First Snow of the Season

Today was our first snow ride of this winter season. I fell quite a bit but snow is a soft landing. Mike's Salsa Mukluk fat bike is amazing in the snow. Floats effortlessly, well the first laps felt like we were climbing a steep hill. But we packed down a 3/4 mile loop north of Fort St. by Kelley Field. Unlike the heat of summer, every lap got more fun. Chris P. showed for the last few laps. There was almost no wind and temps stayed in the upper 20s. The snow did not get slushy, just nice and packed down. Great day to be outside! Don't let old man winter keep you inside.

Snowy gullys, no problem for Mike on his Muk! Just to be fair, Mike flawlessly rode this tight spot on the previous lap. Here are the photos...
Snow Ride - Dec. 4th, 2011

1 comment:

dale said...

So you concentrated on the loop next to the Big Papio. Very cool.

Blog Archive

Who is Stratomatic?

My photo
Stratomatica - is my blog place where I document things happening around me or that interest me. The name Strata, geologically speaking, are layers of sedimentary rock or soil with internally consistent characteristics that distinguish it from other layers. Too deep? Well, I like guitars. Mostly I like the sound and feel of Stratocasters.