Friday, May 13, 2011

THOR Prez on IMBA Blog

Our THOR leader, Roxzanne Feagan, on the IBMA Blog...

This is a fantastic post on Roxy's outlook on trails and advocacy. I like this.

Also in local trail news…

Last night after work I did some trail recon to make sure the north side of Tranquility was not too soft to ride. I've been looking for conditions where riding would help smooth the trail a bit. But the new trail seems to dry really fast. Last night it was nice and soft like clay but not greasy. The pipe work we did in the gully bottoms was still looking great but that dirt was too soft to ride. After the "GO" text Mike and I met up on the north side of Tranquility at 6PM. With both of us riding it we got in a good ten or so laps of tread wear on the new section. I would say it's going to be a little smoother anyway. Thanks Mike. We found "maintenance by bike riding" can be fun.

3 comments:

dale said...

Thanks for the heads up about Roxy. Could you put this on the THOR blog too?

dale said...

And thanks for you and Mike riding the north side in. Just talked with Dmars riding with you today. Good on yous for walking around the standing water.

Stratomatic said...

I don't have permission to post on the THOR Blog. I currently only have posting access to my blog and Bike Masters blog.

Riding the new trail with some moisture in it did it some good. If the weather cooperates the MNR should be a bit smoother.

Who is Stratomatic?

My photo
Stratomatica - is my blog place where I document things happening around me or that interest me. The name Strata, geologically speaking, are layers of sedimentary rock or soil with internally consistent characteristics that distinguish it from other layers. Too deep? Well, I like guitars. Mostly I like the sound and feel of Stratocasters.