Thursday, May 26, 2011

Cruising Sandbars

Yesterday I saw a video on The Biking Fools blog that reminded me of something we would do back when mountain bikes were just getting popular in the late 80's. This photo is from Two Rivers State Park in late August of 89. When the river got low we would ride from sandbar to sandbar.

My buddy Chris and I had way fewer cares and gray hairs back then.

I found this post that has some good photos of what my Bianchi Super Grizzly looked like back in the day.

2 comments:

DJ Chi Wai said...

I love it! Remember back in the day when you could just ride and you didn't worry about derailluer hangers getting bent? A bike was a bike and it didn't matter how much it weighed, and rust proofing the inside of your steel tubed bike was unheard of! You just rode for the pure enjoyment of it.

dale said...

'didn't worry about derailuer hangers getting bent ... didn't matter how much it weighed' - I'm still living back in the day, Mike. 8-)

Cool pics, Paul. Unfortunately, I missed the joy of mtb'ing till this millenium.

Who is Stratomatic?

My photo
Stratomatica - is my blog place where I document things happening around me or that interest me. The name Strata, geologically speaking, are layers of sedimentary rock or soil with internally consistent characteristics that distinguish it from other layers. Too deep? Well, I like guitars. Mostly I like the sound and feel of Stratocasters.