Monday, May 23, 2011

Busy Sunday


If you are going to ride your bike 50 miles, a morning like yesterday's was perfect for it. The temp was cool but we didn't really need jackets. The wind out of the West-Southwest was a challenge. But the tailwind heading back to Springfield was fantastic. We started the ride in Springfield and rode though, South Bend, and Murdock. At Elmwood, NE. we turned around. It was great to ride with friends to urge each other on. The last 30 miles of the ride were nice. I felt like my body and my bike were working great. However, the first 20 were making me wonder why I do this stuff. Heading into the wind into South Bend made me feel like this ride was going to take all day. Somehow after leaving Murdock everything felt just right. The ride ended up taking about 4 and a half hours.

I had a couple last minute donors and you guys are great! Thanks to my family and friends that supported this ride and for the help for those with diabetes.

In the afternoon we celebrated my youngest daughter Emma's High School Graduation with a family party. Nice day for a cookout, visiting with the family and seeing the kids playing in the backyard.

No comments:

Who is Stratomatic?

My photo
Stratomatica - is my blog place where I document things happening around me or that interest me. The name Strata, geologically speaking, are layers of sedimentary rock or soil with internally consistent characteristics that distinguish it from other layers. Too deep? Well, I like guitars. Mostly I like the sound and feel of Stratocasters.