Friday, December 17, 2010

Snowy Trail Ride


Last year the snow got deep fast. This left plowed gravel and urban trails the only winter riding experiences. Last Wednesday we got some ice pellets followed by a little snow. Most of the trail at Tranquility has just the right amount of snow to get packed down by MTB tires. With temps just right for winter gear I headed out to pack the trail. There were already tire tracks. I expect those were made Wednesday night. I did not use my snow tires today. Just rode some aggressive knobbies with just over 20lbs of air. It was perfect! There were just a few spots a bit tough to ride because the snow was a little deeper. It was a fun ride and I'm planning to do it again tomorrow.

Everything is good and frozen right now. Get out there and ride some snowy trails!

1 comment:

dale said...

Good stuff! I'm going to put a more aggressive nobby on the back. Read there will be a snow ride tomorrow at Manawa at 10. Maybe save Tranquility for afternoon or Sunday?

Blog Archive

Who is Stratomatic?

My photo
Stratomatica - is my blog place where I document things happening around me or that interest me. The name Strata, geologically speaking, are layers of sedimentary rock or soil with internally consistent characteristics that distinguish it from other layers. Too deep? Well, I like guitars. Mostly I like the sound and feel of Stratocasters.