Saturday, December 18, 2010

Manawinter

Martin called a 10AM Manawa snow ride. I wasn't sure I could make it over that early but things worked out. Turns out I was Dale's 9AM wake up call. He was coherent enough to say yes to the ride so I went over to pick him up. We loaded up and headed over to Iowa. We met Bryan, Dan and Martin to get things going right at 10AM.

At first I was concerned the snow was a bit deeper over there but once we were riding where others had been it was great.


Martin fine tuned the pressure in my tires and then it was even better. By the second lap the trail was getting good and packed. We came upon a big buck that was downed and frozen right next to the trail.


It was fantastic to see the THOR artisans left their mark on this downed tree.

It was getting close to 1PM so we decided on a Mexican carb reload at La Mesa.






The winter riding conditions were outstanding. Some wind would have made it too cold. Warmer temps would have been sloppy. On the way home, Dale and I discussed how glad we were not to let this opportunity get by.

4 comments:

NaugaBike said...

Sure wish I could be there. The hardtail was in the shop (home this afternoon). Glad you had a good time. I am trying to get out there tomorrow.

DJ Chi Wai said...

Looks like you guys had a good snow ride!!!

dale said...

Depending on sunshine, I would hit it early Sunday morning since it is suppose to be warmer.

No wind, brilliant sunshine, trail left in great shape by the TNR, temps in upper teens and low twenties, great riding buddies. I'm not sure this recipe for a daytime snow ride can be improved on!

Greg said...

Looks like a fun ride

Blog Archive

Who is Stratomatic?

My photo
Stratomatica - is my blog place where I document things happening around me or that interest me. The name Strata, geologically speaking, are layers of sedimentary rock or soil with internally consistent characteristics that distinguish it from other layers. Too deep? Well, I like guitars. Mostly I like the sound and feel of Stratocasters.