Friday, May 28, 2010

South Omaha Veterans Memorial Bridge Opening


The South Omaha Veterans Memorial Bridge has been taking me, my friends and family to drive in movies at the Council Bluffs Drive-in for as long as I can remember. Before it was closed on September 8, 2009, at 9 am it was high, long and narrow. This could be nerve racking for people that don't like bridges anyway (Jodi, Linda). There was a ceremony with IA and NE Govenors cutting ribbon. Lee was invited to bring his '41 Plymouth Business Mans Coupe. Lee let me tag along to be the photo journalist. Nice sunny day for such a grand opening.

Here are some more photos...
So Omaha Veterans Memorial Bridge Opening

3 comments:

DJ Chi Wai said...

Paul, thanks for the pics of cars and the bridge opening. Really enjoyed them, especially the old cars! So there is one pic where they are doing the gun salute. Are those bullets or casings in the air? Amazing timing on that shot!!!

Stratomatic said...

Thanks for taking a look at my photos Mike. When they did the 21 gun salute it looked like some kind of wad was flying out of their barrels. They didn't seem to fly very far.

John N said...

Paul,
The pics of the cars and bridge opening are really good. You might want to let your boss know of your PR talents, so they can use you a Company Photgrapher sometime!
Love,
DAD

Blog Archive

Who is Stratomatic?

My photo
Stratomatica - is my blog place where I document things happening around me or that interest me. The name Strata, geologically speaking, are layers of sedimentary rock or soil with internally consistent characteristics that distinguish it from other layers. Too deep? Well, I like guitars. Mostly I like the sound and feel of Stratocasters.