Saturday, November 14, 2009

Cranksgiving Omaha 2009


Today was the third annual Cranksgiving Omaha. The Brothers Neef (Chris and Dave) and I rode a blazingly relaxed pace. It was required to shop 10 different stores to win. We decided three stores and about a 16 mile ride was good. We rode down the Big Papio Trail past Center St. and got a few items. I got stuck behind a price check at ShopCo with three bottles of shampoo so that took us out of the running for sure. We saved the big items like turkeys for the Target store close to the shop. We even got a little Tranquility single track into the ride on the way. The weather was much nicer than last year's Cranksgiving. It was a real good time for a great cause. Thanks for organizing this Bryan.
http://cranksgiving-omaha.blogspot.com/



3 comments:

Oldandintheway said...

It was a fun ride, if only you wouldn't have been hung up at shopko we would have placed 1, 2 & 3 and won those nice gold cranks! Maybe next year. Has your back recovered from having the 30 lb frozen turkey in your pack? 1700+ pounds of food and over $500 donated nice job Omaha cycling community!

Greg said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time. Hope to join you all next year

Stratomatic said...

Shhhh... a big frozen turkey in my backpack is my new training secret. Keeps my back cool on a hot day too :o)

Blog Archive

Who is Stratomatic?

My photo
Stratomatica - is my blog place where I document things happening around me or that interest me. The name Strata, geologically speaking, are layers of sedimentary rock or soil with internally consistent characteristics that distinguish it from other layers. Too deep? Well, I like guitars. Mostly I like the sound and feel of Stratocasters.