Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Armored Second Dip - North Creek - Tranquility

A report was sent to THOR about a cement block dropped into the second dip of the North Creek trail. It didn't seem too bad in the dark Monday night but as you can see from the before photo it was a hazard. For some reason there seems to be a newly formed spring above this spot leaving the dip damp with mud. Someone placed a cement block in there but was not level with the trail. I found a few more cement blocks and sunk them in level with the trail. There should be enough of a slope to keep the water moving over the spot.
BEFORE...

AFTER...

I rode over it several times to make sure it was solid. Take a look next time you ride tranq and let me know how it's working.

4 comments:

Greg said...

Great job!

dmars said...

My bad guys I placed it there saturday, I rode over it several times, and thought it was ok. I was going to come back and bury it some more, but kind of forgot.

Stratomatic said...

No harm. Let's ride it tonight!

dale said...

Thanks Paul! I think dmars was just trying to pinch flat me. 8-)

Blog Archive

Who is Stratomatic?

My photo
Stratomatica - is my blog place where I document things happening around me or that interest me. The name Strata, geologically speaking, are layers of sedimentary rock or soil with internally consistent characteristics that distinguish it from other layers. Too deep? Well, I like guitars. Mostly I like the sound and feel of Stratocasters.