Monday, September 6, 2010

The 46th Annual Camp-a-ree

Our family from my Dad's side got together Sunday from as far away as Arkansas and South Dakota to celebrate Labor Day at the 46th Annual Camp-a-ree. Our family reunions involved camping for the first 35 or so years. This year we met at my parents house in Lincoln, Nebraska. There was a great lunch that my Mom spread out for us. Then we moved to a nearby park that had horseshoe pits. My brother Jim and cousin Jason went undefeated and were declared the champions for the day. Back in the garage we continued with other games like water balloon toss, bubble gum blowing contest and many others that we call the Dakota Relays. Great to see everyone and share a real nice Sunday.

My cousin Jill introduced a new game. The goal was be the fastest one to get the 8 golf balls out of the tissue box that is tied to your backside...

My nephew Zac was fastest.


My daughter Cali's awesome attempt.

More photos when you click here...
Camparee2010


Championship Game...

2 comments:

John N said...

WOW! great photos, you captured some great moments. Especially, liked the horseshoe competition. The shake it "box of golf balls" videos are great. Thanks for not doing your uncle Tom! Thanks for your help and also capturing the many good memories.
Love, Mom and Dad

tigercali said...

Zach had it easier than the rest of us.

Who is Stratomatic?

My photo
Stratomatica - is my blog place where I document things happening around me or that interest me. The name Strata, geologically speaking, are layers of sedimentary rock or soil with internally consistent characteristics that distinguish it from other layers. Too deep? Well, I like guitars. Mostly I like the sound and feel of Stratocasters.