Thursday, June 24, 2010

Great evening for trail work


I was concerned about heat, mosquitoes, and mud for the Tranquility Trail Day on Wednesday April 23rd. But fortunately none of those things were an issue. Temps in the mid 80s and a 10mph north wind made the work real comfortable. Nine of us were able to get a decent inner loop bypass cut with the help of a rented sod cutter. There were some large trees needing to be cleared from the north creek. Water bars the route rain off the trail were cleaned out and problems created by all the rain were addressed. We are all looking forward to a DRY Monday Night Ride next week. See you at the "Hail to the Trails" THOR event tonight.

Tranquility Trail Day - June 23, 2010

No comments:

Who is Stratomatic?

My photo
Stratomatica - is my blog place where I document things happening around me or that interest me. The name Strata, geologically speaking, are layers of sedimentary rock or soil with internally consistent characteristics that distinguish it from other layers. Too deep? Well, I like guitars. Mostly I like the sound and feel of Stratocasters.