Thursday, February 25, 2010

Winter 1X9 Project Complete

This means that winter should be over now. I wanted to try something different this spring. A 1X9 is a bike with a 9 speed drivetrain. It has a single chainring in front and a 9 speed cassette in the rear. A bash gaurd and an N-gear Jump Stop keep the chain in place (I hope). I sold the frame from the full suspension bike I was riding last year. This bike was built from parts from the remaining from that bike and Bike Masters Garage Sale parts. Seems to work well on the bike repair stand. Looking forward to getting it on some dirt.
Click on the bike to see more...
Point Reyes

4 comments:

dale said...

Like the yellow accents! Nice job! I think you will like the 1x9 setup though you may need to incorporate more standing on the pedals while climbing, but this will make you a stronger and more balanced rider.

DJ Chi Wai said...

I likey the new ride!!! Congrats on getting it done. Paul's custom bike shop now open!

Greg said...

Great job.

Stratomatic said...

Thanks for the approvals guys. I don't think I'll ride it this Sunday. I noticed the chain and other parts on my steel bike are rusty from these winter rides. Might as well keep beating that thing into the salty slush until dirt is in riding condition.

Who is Stratomatic?

My photo
Stratomatica - is my blog place where I document things happening around me or that interest me. The name Strata, geologically speaking, are layers of sedimentary rock or soil with internally consistent characteristics that distinguish it from other layers. Too deep? Well, I like guitars. Mostly I like the sound and feel of Stratocasters.