Sunday, February 21, 2010

Post "Trek Up The Tower" Ride



The view outside from the top of the First National Building was worth the torture of climbing the steps. While recovering in the lobby I noticed the flags outside indicating no wind. Dave N. looking at his mobile device says the temp is 28. These are good conditions for a ride in eastern NE during the "Winter of 2010". So we rode. Dave's magic mobile device shows the path . The trails were somewhat plowed until we got to 24th street. The snow we did ride was not deep enough to slow us down much. So we made a loop around the trailer park and headed back. Great winter ride, Thanks Dave.

4 comments:

Oldandintheway said...

The pictures make this ride look colder than it was. We encountered a few joggers, walkers on the bridge and a guy riding a single speed 29. Dale was walking on the bridge yesterday also, but didn't see him. Looking forward to riding in shorts and short sleeve shirts, come on spring! Nice job with the photoshop.

Greg said...

Looks like a nice afternoon for a ride. Ya I can't wait for warm weather riding. Thinking about doing a ride North of town this Sunday afternoon if it isn't too cold. Will post the details if you are interested.

Oldandintheway said...

Always interested, we will put something together this weekend.

dale said...

Yea, I saw a couple bike tracks on the Iowa side of the bridge. North wind was a little biting.

Good you took advantage of the "warm" weather.

I rode home last night (Wed.) through the north side of SBL. They plowed it again sometime this past week. Took about 30 minutes to get home, perfect timing because the finger tips were stinging from the cold.

Who is Stratomatic?

My photo
Stratomatica - is my blog place where I document things happening around me or that interest me. The name Strata, geologically speaking, are layers of sedimentary rock or soil with internally consistent characteristics that distinguish it from other layers. Too deep? Well, I like guitars. Mostly I like the sound and feel of Stratocasters.