Saturday, February 20, 2010

I survived my first "Trek Up The Tower" in 2010


This was more physically demanding than I thought it would be. Right now my body hates me for the mid February torture of climbing 40 floors, 870 steps, and 633 feet into the sky. Team Bike Masters was there in force - Dave N., Darren, Lynn and Pat F., Todd W. and myself. The event was very well organized. I heard they accommodated 1200 participants and it seemed like everyone was having a great time. I finished in 439th place with a time of 11:26. At least three on the Bike Masters Team had times around the 7-minute mark. I’ll try to improve my time next year. Dave N. did a great job getting this put together for Team Bike Masters.

For more information on the Trek Up The Tower event click here.

Here are a few photos I took today.

2 comments:

Oldandintheway said...

Thanks Paul. My throat is just about back to normal and my thighs are a little grumpy this morning. Next year we need to train a little bit. This was a fun event, everyone was smiling in the end.

dale said...

Great job guys and gals! I figured it would be pretty hard, I was feeling it climbing 2-3 flights of stairs at the hospital. 40 flights - wow!

Who is Stratomatic?

My photo
Stratomatica - is my blog place where I document things happening around me or that interest me. The name Strata, geologically speaking, are layers of sedimentary rock or soil with internally consistent characteristics that distinguish it from other layers. Too deep? Well, I like guitars. Mostly I like the sound and feel of Stratocasters.