Friday, August 5, 2011

A day off

Now that it's cooling off, I decided not to let more summer get away from me without being outside. So I took a day off. The initial plan was to ride Calvin Crest with Dmars. The weather radar didn't look good this morning. So instead I got out early and rode Tranquility until it started to rain. Once the trail debris got damp it was sticking to my tires and my bike.
This afternoon Dmars and I went kayaking at Lake Cunningham. Overcast skies and just a slight breeze made the paddling fun. There were lots of fish jumping and cranes standing at the waters edge. Kayaking is a great way to get on the water and spend some time with friends.
Kayak at Glenn Cunningham Lake

No comments:

Who is Stratomatic?

My photo
Stratomatica - is my blog place where I document things happening around me or that interest me. The name Strata, geologically speaking, are layers of sedimentary rock or soil with internally consistent characteristics that distinguish it from other layers. Too deep? Well, I like guitars. Mostly I like the sound and feel of Stratocasters.