Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Ever hear of a full-service bike transit center?

I was looking at Bikerumor today and learned about a service that is already helping to make clean transportation a reality in parts of the US. Bikestation plans, designs, and operates bike-transit centers. These facilities offer a range of amenities including electronically secure indoor bike parking, showers, restrooms, lockers, a bicycle self-repair stand with tools, and transit information. Bikestation is designed to address the needs of current cyclists and people who’d like to bicycle but shy away due to concerns about theft and convenience. The transit center operates on a low-cost membership model and members can use any Bikestation located across the country.

Wonder if something like this would ever work in Omaha?

No comments:

Blog Archive

Who is Stratomatic?

My photo
Stratomatica - is my blog place where I document things happening around me or that interest me. The name Strata, geologically speaking, are layers of sedimentary rock or soil with internally consistent characteristics that distinguish it from other layers. Too deep? Well, I like guitars. Mostly I like the sound and feel of Stratocasters.