Monday, October 4, 2010

An East Peak from the past


I got a nice email today from Donnie in Texas. He's the guy that bought my Marin East Peak frame back in January of this year. I used most of the stuff from this bike to build my 1X9. Then I sold the frame to Donnie on ebay. Oddly, this bike came from Texas on an ebay deal to me. He didn't say how long he has had this built up. Just said that he "really likes it a lot". So I'm glad it went to a good home. Nice to see this frame getting the attention it deserved. I sold it because I wasn't able to feel the trail under me in a comfortable way. I went back to riding a hardtail this spring and it suits me fine. I try to keep my rear (tubeless) tire pressure at about 22lbs. and that is just enough suspension for me.

I was always too scared to put a bottle cage on that top tube like that.

BTW: I was lucky enough to pay an extra dime for my chicken at the Bag & Save Deli today. I guess you have to cook all your food at home not to pay the 2.5% Omaha Resturant Tax.

1 comment:

DJ Chi Wai said...

First thing I saw was that bottle cage and was wondering how safe that is for the little boys.

Blog Archive

Who is Stratomatic?

My photo
Stratomatica - is my blog place where I document things happening around me or that interest me. The name Strata, geologically speaking, are layers of sedimentary rock or soil with internally consistent characteristics that distinguish it from other layers. Too deep? Well, I like guitars. Mostly I like the sound and feel of Stratocasters.