Saturday, August 28, 2010

Defenders of Freedom - Offutt Air Show 2010



Everything came together today for an adventure riding our bikes down to Offutt Air Force Base. I picked up Scott and we met Chris N. and Steve at 72nd and Q. From there we rode south to the Defenders of Freedom Air Show. It was just starting as we rolled up to the levee at the NW end of the runway at about 1:30PM. With the heavy south wind the aircraft were taking off on the opposite end on the runway from us. We got to see the aircraft land from where we stood. We saw bombers and fighters but the Thunderbirds were the stars of the show. It was a great time just like last year and I'm planning to do it again next year.






No comments:

Who is Stratomatic?

My photo
Stratomatica - is my blog place where I document things happening around me or that interest me. The name Strata, geologically speaking, are layers of sedimentary rock or soil with internally consistent characteristics that distinguish it from other layers. Too deep? Well, I like guitars. Mostly I like the sound and feel of Stratocasters.