Friday, July 30, 2010

WWII Nose Art photos from airbase in the Philippines

Jodi had an uncle stationed in the Philippines during WWII. His name was Harley and he was a mechanic. We found some of his nose art photos recently. Most of these planes look like B-24s. I did some internet searches and could not find any photos of nose art quite like these. I did find a different version of "Modest Maiden". I thought these were too historic and interesting not to share with the rest of the world. These have been sitting in a box for about 65 years.

Click on this photo to view the album...
WWII Nose Art from from Philippines

Who is Stratomatic?

My photo
Stratomatica - is my blog place where I document things happening around me or that interest me. The name Strata, geologically speaking, are layers of sedimentary rock or soil with internally consistent characteristics that distinguish it from other layers. Too deep? Well, I like guitars. Mostly I like the sound and feel of Stratocasters.