Sunday, January 24, 2010

Winter Recon - Tranquility Park


Sunny skies got me out of the "cabin" this morning. I rode down to TP to see how much melting occurred in the last few days. The trail is still 90% covered in deep snow. And, It looks like we will have a new pond at Tranquility in the spring. Excess snow from Omaha streets is now a salty, dirty mountain range at TP. There were giant piles of snow just south of the start/finish line on the South Creek Loop. The recon photos can be viewed here.

2 comments:

buconine said...

If you could grab that sign next time you're out there, i'd appreciate it. Guess i'll need to grab another post for the spring. At least they didn't kill the signs...

dale said...

I caught a glimse of that pile from Fort St.

That will take several weeks to melt and dry beyond what the rest of TP takes. What would TP be without annual bypasses. 8-)

Who is Stratomatic?

My photo
Stratomatica - is my blog place where I document things happening around me or that interest me. The name Strata, geologically speaking, are layers of sedimentary rock or soil with internally consistent characteristics that distinguish it from other layers. Too deep? Well, I like guitars. Mostly I like the sound and feel of Stratocasters.