Sunday, January 17, 2010

Foggy, Crispy, Gravel














Today I took my first gravel road ride of 2010 and that's what I got, foggy, crispy, gravel. Rode north on 132nd to the county line and back. There were some MTB tire tracks. I'm guessing it was dmars that left those. The gravel, packed snow and ice were plenty frozen so I wasn't leaving much of a track. It was real quiet except for some noisy pheasants. I saw a dog but it wasn't interested in a chase.



The Deer Creek neighborhood had some huge drifts.



I can recommend Continental 'Spike Claws' now. Riding mostly packed snow and ice and no slippage what so ever.

3 comments:

Greg said...

Looks like you had a sweet ride. I like riding in the fog

DJ Chi Wai said...

Glad you got some more use out of those tires. Looks like a good ride, about how many miles did you go?

Stratomatic said...

I started out from Deer Creek and rode out and back to Dutch Hall Rd. so about 10 miles. Only had to worry about traffic for about 1/3 mile on State Street. Yesterday I rode around Crete, NE while my daughter was in college meetings. Zero traffic on Crete side streets and plenty of packed snow/ice to ride on.

Who is Stratomatic?

My photo
Stratomatica - is my blog place where I document things happening around me or that interest me. The name Strata, geologically speaking, are layers of sedimentary rock or soil with internally consistent characteristics that distinguish it from other layers. Too deep? Well, I like guitars. Mostly I like the sound and feel of Stratocasters.