Monday, December 7, 2009

Frozen Tranq Trails


I'm sitting here wondering if there was a snowy Monday Night Ride tonight. If there was those tracks will be buried by more snow soon enough. Before the snow started on Sunday I got out to update the Tranquility Kiosk at the trailhead by Fort Street parking. You will notice some new infomation. Now that we have had a good hard freeze and snow any warmer days are going to make the trail sloppy. Not that there are any warm days in the forcast soon. But there will be.

It's number 3 on IMBA's Responsible Riding Tips ...

3. Say No To Mud

Riding a muddy trail can cause unnecessary trail widening and erosion that may lead to long-lasting damage.

1 comment:

dale said...

Thanks Paul for updating the kiosk and getting people's attention.

You should either post it on the THOR blog or post a link to this from there.

Great mnr last night. With all the snow coming, glad I had a chance to ride. Will need to walk, run, or get the xc skis out to hit the trail for a while.

Who is Stratomatic?

My photo
Stratomatica - is my blog place where I document things happening around me or that interest me. The name Strata, geologically speaking, are layers of sedimentary rock or soil with internally consistent characteristics that distinguish it from other layers. Too deep? Well, I like guitars. Mostly I like the sound and feel of Stratocasters.