Saturday, December 5, 2009

BMCC Meeting and 'All-Steel' Ride

Well, today I signed up for another year of MTB racing representing Bike Masters. It was great to see some new members many of which ride the Monday Night Ride. I was also happy to hear joining up was more about participation than results (I'm kinda slow). My goal is to do at least 5 races next year. Most likely I will race the marathon class. But Cat3 (beginner) 45+ is an option for me now too.


A few of us got started on our "training" right away after the meeting with the 'All-Steel' ride. Four of us all riding steel frames did a lap at Tranquility after the meeting. The discussion for this ride started last night over pizza/wings/beer with Dmars on his steel Niner, Dale on his steel fixed Haro-Mary, and me on my trusty steel Marin. Then Dan C. showed up on his steel VooDoo. It was a nice mid 30s cold weather ride and the trail was frozen solid. There was even a patch of ice on the newly armored North Creek section. We all managed to "keep the shiney side up". Looking forward to another fun MTB season in the spring. Till then we gear up for cold and ride (probably gravel after this week).

5 comments:

buconine said...

Steel is real! Looks like you guys enjoyed the last dry ride for awhile.

So, ya still thinking about getting a new bike in the spring?

Stratomatic said...

With snow falling and temps in the 20s spring seems like a long ways out. This year think I have figured out that I don't need full suspension. Next I need to ride a 29r hardtail and see what all the fuss is about.

buconine said...

If you ever wanna take the Sycip out for a spin, let me know. Lots 'o B bikes coming out this spring...

29er hardtail is pretty sweet for this part of the country too. I like the look of the new giants.

Oldandintheway said...

You can ride mine if you want

Stratomatic said...

Seems like it will be a while now before conditions will allow some good test rides. Thanks Chris and Dave!

Who is Stratomatic?

My photo
Stratomatica - is my blog place where I document things happening around me or that interest me. The name Strata, geologically speaking, are layers of sedimentary rock or soil with internally consistent characteristics that distinguish it from other layers. Too deep? Well, I like guitars. Mostly I like the sound and feel of Stratocasters.