Sunday, April 26, 2009

Pepé



"Ah, my little darling, it is love at first sight, is it not, no?"...


Ahhhh... NO.

I'm looking out the back window this am just enjoying the quiet and watching the rain come down. Then there was movement. I was excited at first because I like to see wildlife. Then I remembered I was looking out in my backyard and the excitement quickly went away. As the rain was coming down a skunk trotted out from under the shed and waddled under the deck. Makes sense now, the dogs have been acting strange in the backyard for days. Now I can't let them go in the backyard until I know the thing is gone!

It's ironic, I was just talking with Dale about changing my bike commute route to avoid skunks in the morning and now I'm living with them.

So I took a look at the Nebraska Humain Society Website. Here is what I learned...

"If a skunk moves in under your deck or patio try this trick. Mix 8 ounces of castor oil, 8 ounces of dish detergent and 1 gallon of water. Spray the area liberally. To see if your skunk is still in residence lightly stuff balled up newspaper into the entry hole. If the paper is pushed out the next day—your skunk is still there."

I don't have any castor oil so I'm off to the store now.

2 comments:

LoupGarou said...

Missed you at Swanson this weekend. You missed a great time, too bad you couldn't make it out. Maybe this week at Platte River?

Stratomatic said...

I was wondering if you were at Swanson Kevin. I'm really disappointed about missing it. But I'm just getting over being sick. June 14, Maskenthine might be a camping/racing weekend. Not sure I'll make Platte or L&C. Great to hear from you. Taco Ride?

Who is Stratomatic?

My photo
Stratomatica - is my blog place where I document things happening around me or that interest me. The name Strata, geologically speaking, are layers of sedimentary rock or soil with internally consistent characteristics that distinguish it from other layers. Too deep? Well, I like guitars. Mostly I like the sound and feel of Stratocasters.