Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Manawa Trailwork

In case you didn't know, there are some MTB trails accross the river in IA between Lake Manawa and the river. Mother Nature was nice and allowed us to have a THOR Trailwork event at Manawa last evening. I met Steve and Doug in the parking lot trailhead at about 5:30PM. Several others arrived shortly after. Steve's first objective was to get the trees cleared and limbs cut back from the trail. Then we worked on hardening the technical trail features in the black trail section of Manawa. There are some great places to test your skills in that area now. I'm looking forward to a nice dry, warm weekend day to get over there with the bike and try it out.

No comments:

Who is Stratomatic?

My photo
Stratomatica - is my blog place where I document things happening around me or that interest me. The name Strata, geologically speaking, are layers of sedimentary rock or soil with internally consistent characteristics that distinguish it from other layers. Too deep? Well, I like guitars. Mostly I like the sound and feel of Stratocasters.