Sunday, March 22, 2009

Second Day of Spring

My expectations for Sat. March 21, 2009 were low but it turned out good. Met up with Dale, Chris, Dave, Marc and Marc's "wonder tiller" at 10AM. We got in 4 hours of trail work fixing erosion from the spring thaw. The warm weather had us all shedding jackets and sweatshirts in the first 5 minutes of work.

After that I took a quick paved trail spin to cool off. I feel bad for the many trail users out on Saturday. I had to be leaving a bad trail of stink! Sorry about that but the dirt trails are starting to get really nice. Well, maybe not after it rains today.



Later in the afternoon, after cleaning up, I took Emma's old Schwinn downtown to donate it to Community Bicycle Shop Omaha. CBSO had an open house from 4PM to 6PM. I was impressed with how nice and organized the place looked. The way I understand it, a kid that needs a bike will work in the shop for a number of hours and earn it. Great idea!

2 comments:

John N said...

Does Emma need a new Schwinn?
Grandpa JWN
Lincoln, NE

Stratomatic said...

Last summer we found a used GT Rebound mountain bike at a pawn shop. She is riding that these days. The Schwinn was just getting too small for her. We want to ride your trails with you this summer.

Who is Stratomatic?

My photo
Stratomatica - is my blog place where I document things happening around me or that interest me. The name Strata, geologically speaking, are layers of sedimentary rock or soil with internally consistent characteristics that distinguish it from other layers. Too deep? Well, I like guitars. Mostly I like the sound and feel of Stratocasters.