Friday, January 7, 2011

North from Newport Ride

This Saturday is the day for getting some spinning in and see some countryside. It appears that whatever wind there will be will come from the north. Sunday looks a bit colder with some new snow on the way. I'm planning to drive to the public parking spot north of Bennington Lake accessible from HW36 and ride north from there. A loop around Prarie View could always be added to this ride to make it an even 15 miles. Interested? I was thinking of meeting Saturday 1/8/2011 at 2PM and rolling by 2:10.


View North from Newport in a larger map


Outstanding photo credit goes to http://www.gnatlikes.com/.

1 comment:

Greg said...

Looks like a fun ride. have fun. Maybe I will catch you on the next one..

Blog Archive

Who is Stratomatic?

My photo
Stratomatica - is my blog place where I document things happening around me or that interest me. The name Strata, geologically speaking, are layers of sedimentary rock or soil with internally consistent characteristics that distinguish it from other layers. Too deep? Well, I like guitars. Mostly I like the sound and feel of Stratocasters.