Monday, July 30, 2012

Playing With Fire is back!

In years past the Playing With Fire series would have several blues concerts a summer. Last years flooding and the bad economy slowed that down. This past Saturday it was back in full force at Lewis and Clark Landing down on the riverfront. Thanks to Dave N. for sending me these photos. We got there in time to hear The Pounders (local band) finish up their set. Then we heard the first tune from Meena Cryle's band and we decided to head up by the stage. This was one of the better performances I have seen at PWF. They came all the way from Austria. Meena Cryle's band should have been the headliner.
We did not stay long after Rick Vito started. They probably should have had those two bands switched around in the order but I'm glad they didn't. Turned out to be a great night for an outdoor concert.

No comments:

Who is Stratomatic?

My photo
Stratomatica - is my blog place where I document things happening around me or that interest me. The name Strata, geologically speaking, are layers of sedimentary rock or soil with internally consistent characteristics that distinguish it from other layers. Too deep? Well, I like guitars. Mostly I like the sound and feel of Stratocasters.