Saturday, February 4, 2012

Fat Bikes and Showshoes

The snow hadn't stopped falling when we got out to play over at Tranquility this afternoon. The wet heavy snow packed nicely but there was quite a bit of it to pack.
The long awaited arrival of Chris P's Pugsley is over. It's a beautiful thing and has a custom - one of a kind paint job. The green fading to black is really nice.
I started the afternoon out on my snowshoes. Jena and I helped pack down a loop north of the creek while Chris and Mike rode their fat bikes.
Mike and Jena were searching for sporting goods that will probably get found in the spring.
Mike's hands stay warm with mits that attach to his bars. After a while I couldn't wait any more and had to try riding my SS. It was challenging but fun. Great to get outside.

Chris is making it look easy.

Big Mike has to duck for the log arch.

Mr. Wong has a passenger of the abominable sort.

Chris and Mike packin it down.

3 comments:

DJ Chi Wai said...

Haha. Love this post. Made me smile and laugh. I didn't realize it was snowing that bad until I looked at those photos you posted. What a difference between Saturday and Saturday!

DJ Chi Wai said...

Oh yeah, I mastered the big log. Snowy too. It also mastered me the first time, endo!!!

Stratomatic said...

Glad we backed out on Mount Cresent last Sunday. The fat biking had to be more fun than standing in those crazy long lines.

Who is Stratomatic?

My photo
Stratomatica - is my blog place where I document things happening around me or that interest me. The name Strata, geologically speaking, are layers of sedimentary rock or soil with internally consistent characteristics that distinguish it from other layers. Too deep? Well, I like guitars. Mostly I like the sound and feel of Stratocasters.