Saturday, November 12, 2011

Cranksgiving Report 2011

Today was my forth time participating in the annual Cranksgiving event. The first three all took place with temps around freezing or below. Today was a welcome change with temps in the fifties.
Our traditional route takes us south on the Big Papio trail to around 90th and Center. The stiff south wind made the ride back toward Bike Masters really enjoyable.
I used my cargo trailer for this year's event. Sure makes hauling a load easy. I'll do that again.
So we didn't really follow the rules of the event exactly. But we contributed to the over 1000 lbs. of food and large sums of cash collected for Food Bank of the Heartland. Back at Bike Masters for the finish there was awards, food and prizes. It's a fun event.
We now have a ceremonial garment tied to this annual event. Chris N. wore it this year so we'll just have to past on this honor next year. I would say that honor should go to the person that won the most in prizes. Dave "shoulda picked the bike" would fit that description. I'll keep the Cranksgiving Safety Vest in a safe place until 2012. Way to go Dave. A nice trail ride at sunset was a great way to finish off the day.

No comments:

Who is Stratomatic?

My photo
Stratomatica - is my blog place where I document things happening around me or that interest me. The name Strata, geologically speaking, are layers of sedimentary rock or soil with internally consistent characteristics that distinguish it from other layers. Too deep? Well, I like guitars. Mostly I like the sound and feel of Stratocasters.