Sunday, October 23, 2011

Fresh Fat

Mike and I were out riding on this awesome late October day. We were breaking in his new Mukluk 2 Fatbike at Tranquility. We have been lucky with great fall weather and today was no exception. When I saw Mike rolling his fatties on the new trail that was just built this spring I had to stop to capture this historic ride on video. Mike had me take a ride on this monster at the trailhead parking lot. I was surprised by the momentum these large tires seem to generate. It's a fun ride. Today was the perfect day to get tire pressures dialed in and enjoy the trail on our new bikes. I'm happy with a gear change I made on my Surly SS. Just 2 extra teeth on the chain ring felt just right today. We are looking forward to doing it all over again after work tomorrow for the Bike Masters - Monday Night Ride. Don't forget to charge your lights. See you there.

1 comment:

DJ Chi Wai said...

Thanks for the pic and videos Paul! Had a blast yeasterday. Nice to be on the other side of the camera for once! Glad you got the ring figured out on your bike. Crazy how two teeth can make such a big difference.

Who is Stratomatic?

My photo
Stratomatica - is my blog place where I document things happening around me or that interest me. The name Strata, geologically speaking, are layers of sedimentary rock or soil with internally consistent characteristics that distinguish it from other layers. Too deep? Well, I like guitars. Mostly I like the sound and feel of Stratocasters.