Thursday, April 8, 2010

Luigi Waites (July 10, 1927 – April 6, 2010)


Several years back our youngest, Emma, had the opportunity to take drum lessons from Luigi in Ralston. These photos were taken in the spring of 2003 at the "UNO Day of Percussion". We were fortunate to get to know him for a short time. He was an outstanding teacher and will always be a part of our lives. Two years ago we were in Ft. Collins, CO. Emma was buying herself a bike and the guy behind the counter said he just got back from Omaha. He said "Do you know Luigi Waites..."



No comments:

Who is Stratomatic?

My photo
Stratomatica - is my blog place where I document things happening around me or that interest me. The name Strata, geologically speaking, are layers of sedimentary rock or soil with internally consistent characteristics that distinguish it from other layers. Too deep? Well, I like guitars. Mostly I like the sound and feel of Stratocasters.