Thursday, December 11, 2008

Low Maintenance


Being low maintenance might be a compliment. Some may take it as an insult. My bike has been rebelling against my low maintenance. It has been giving me shifting issues intermittently. I got some dmars advice and changed my rear shift cable and went to full length cable housing. I really appreciated that advice because seemed to solve my issues. However, on my next ride out my bike was possessed, shifting at random times as I tried to climb. My issues needed professional help. Last Wednesday I went to Tim at Bike Masters. In about 6 minutes of evaluation he found 1) Bent Derailleur Hanger 2) Loose cassette 3) Dry chain. When he asked what kind of lube I used I couldn't remember. I think Tim took that as I'm low maintenance. :)

My New Years Resolution - Be "High Maintenance".

Looking forward to climbing a hill without worries.
- Paul

1 comment:

rg said...

I can at least tell you what kind of chain lube that I use - but that too is my extent of maintenance. Well unless you call changing tubes maintenace!

Who is Stratomatic?

My photo
Stratomatica - is my blog place where I document things happening around me or that interest me. The name Strata, geologically speaking, are layers of sedimentary rock or soil with internally consistent characteristics that distinguish it from other layers. Too deep? Well, I like guitars. Mostly I like the sound and feel of Stratocasters.